Radio station, Newstalk 108FM, sent reporter Henry McKean to Specsavers Hearcare in central Dublin, to have his ears filled with putty to block sounds. McKean then had a taste of “being deaf for a day” in Dublin city centre.
A transcript of McKean’s commentary is here, with many thanks to PCR Ltd:
What do you think? Did the dialogue give you insights to what it’s like to be deaf for a day? Would you try this yourself, with a group of colleagues?
- Student Hearing-Awareness Day At Trinity College, Dublin
- UK High-Street Clinics Benefit From NHS Reforms
- Don’t Risk Your Hearing, Like This Airport Worker
- Customising Sound Technologies For Personal Use
- Delivering On-The-Spot Deaf Awareness Training
- Deaf Awareness For Business and Service Providers