Interested in mainstream education for deaf children?
Want to know more about the issues, experiences and available supports?
UPDATE: This event is postponed to the new year.
If so, IDK welcomes you to a FREE morning information session, “Choice, Options, Possibilities”, on December 3rd, 2010, in Dublin city centre.
The session includes presentations from:
- Parents of deaf children on their experiences of raising a deaf child
- A home-school liaison teacher working with a deaf child
- Mainstream-educated deaf students sharing their stories
- The Visiting Teacher Service (part of the Department of Education)
- Daynuv.com, on sample technology for inclusive classrooms
- University College Cork’s “bridge to college” initiative
Registration is essential (the venue is accessible, with live captioners & sign interpreters in attendance). Tea and coffee will be provided at the break.
Date: December 3rd, 2010
Time: 10am to 1.30pm
Venue: Dawson Street, Dublin 2.
For more details and registration form, please mail info<at>irishdeafkids.ie.
This event is hosted by IDK to mark International Day for Persons with a Disability, thanks to valued support from presenters and sponsors.