Sixteen-year-old Ellen Arthur, a youth advisor to NDCS (UK)who is at a mainstream school, will share strategies at a FREE workshop for handling potential social isolation and for building rapport with everyday contacts.
Sound Advice welcomes expressions of interest from teens who are deaf and hard-of-hearing and their parents, for this free morning session.
When: February 12th (registration deadline February 9th, at 6pm)
Where: Pearse Street, Dublin 2
Time: 10:30am to 1.30pm
Ellen will also talk about:
- Being in mainstream school in the UK (where note-takers are provided!)
- Her youth advisory role to NDCS.org.uk
- Talking with David Cameron’s party about educational supports
Real-time captioning and ISL interpretation will be available for this event.
Discussions will cover:
- Feeling isolated amidst peers at school – how to keep up with the buzz
- Reminding family members to include YOU in general conversations!
- Finding connections with new contacts you meet via clubs, sports & work
Attendee places and access to the event are strictly limited to 30 registered names. A cancellation list will assign places on a first-registered basis.