Students with hearing issues in Minnesota, are using tablet PCs to listen to MP3 clips, to find photos/videos for class-work and to speak on their behalf.
Two students have used a speech-app and PowerPoint to present in a class.
Resource and speech teachers also like tablet PCs for emailing students with reminders of class times, homework and tasks or assignments to complete.
- Touchscreen Tech Boosts Literacy In Deaf Children
- Early Learning With Smart-Phones And Tablet PCs
- New Words-App For Children With Hearing Devices
- E-Books, E-Readers And Childrens’ Reading Skills
- The Value of Tablet PCs in Early-Years Learning
- Bilingual, Spoken Language At Home And School
- Classroom Technology ‘Has The Children Talking’