The Visiting Teacher Service in Ireland is being reviewed by the Department of Education in the context of pupils’ changed needs and new technologies.
January 20th, 2014 is YOUR deadline to feed back on your experiences of the Visiting Teacher Service (VTS) in Ireland, for this review.
Dept of Education: Review of the Visiting Teacher Service
Review and Public Submissions
Reading the review’s context is advised and submissions can be sent by:
- parents/carers of children currently supported by the VTS
- children with hearing issues, currently supported by the VTS
- other interested parties (support entities, educators, school staff)
Getting Word Out
Please share this detail with families who may not be on Facebook, or who might otherwise not hear of this public submission opportunity.
- The Visiting Teacher Service ‘Is Often Forgotten’
- Home-Preschool Supports: A Mum’s Positive Story
- ‘There Are Other Educational Options Available’
- Deaf Children In The UK Face Visiting-Teacher Cuts
- NCSE: The Education of Deaf and Hoh Children in Ireland
- Parent Query: School Resource Hour Allocation
- Irish Examiner: Resource Teaching Hours To Be Retained
- Technology Has Revolutionised Deaf Education