The HSE is to actively shorten hearing-test waiting-lists in its Mid-West area, which covers North Tipperary, Clare and Limerick, and consists of about 53 per cent adults and 47 per cent children, the Irish Medical Times reports.
Only recently, the HSE advised that newborn hearing tests will extend to maternity hospitals in Dublin and the north-east area through end-2013.
With the National Audiological Review having published in April 2011, it is hugely encouraging to see hearing-care get the state attention it needs.
- Figures On Newborn Hearing Tests For Ireland/The UK
- Hearing-Aids + Learning = Education
- Family Gets Apology From HSE For Mis-Diagnosis
- UK High Street Clinics Benefit From NHS Reforms
- The HSE’s National Audiology Review document (April 2011)